Friday, October 5, 2007

Joyful Milestones

After such a long couple of weeks fighting illness, we really needed a good day. And boy, did we get it!

Yesterday was Kate's 3rd birthday. It's hard to believe that our youngest is already three! Her birthday party won't be until next weekend, but we made cupcakes to take along to VBS last night to celebrate. I know, it might sound odd to some of you that we are doing VBS in October, but the public schools are out on fall break, so we thought this would be a great chance to do something different.

VBS this year for me has been a whole different experience! One of my helpers is a fairly new Christian, and it has been wonderful to see her learning the Bible stories along with the children. Everything is so fresh and new to her, and she's so eager to learn. During the ending ceremony last night, Kate started acting up so I left the class with my helper and took Kate outside. Little did I know what was going to happen inside! As soon as we were on our way home, Jonathan told me that four children had come forward to receive Jesus, and that our Lily was one of them!

Two momentous milestones on the same day...my mama's heart is awfully proud!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Happy birthday to your baby Kate! :o)

I think having VBS when it cools off is an excellent idea for all concerned. Sunshine can't take the heat because of her heart, and really doesn't get to participate in a lot of summertime activities.

What a momentous occasion for Lily! Praise God! This made my day to read about the little ones accepting Christ! :o)

Blessings to you!

HsMom said...

Happy Birthday, Kate! That is so incredible! Praise the Lord! I would have been doing a Snoopy dance! I love to see how new Christians and little ones interact. They're so sweet and unassuming. It's wonderful. Wish everyone could be like that! lol

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your daughter Lily. You will now have 2 birthdays close together. A regular birthday and a born-again birthday. I want to cry just thinking about how wonderful it is when children are drawn to their Lord!