Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook (7/22/08)

Click the graphic for more daybook entries at ~The Simple Woman~

I missed this yesterday due to some unexpected company, so I thought I'd do it today!

FOR TODAY:Tuesday, July 22, 2008...

Outside my window... it's sunny, and a little chilly for summer. It's not quite 70 degrees outside yet.

I am thinking... that today is going to be a rough day for the kids. Their best friends just left for their new home in North Carolina a few minutes ago, and they are all very sad.

I am thankful... that my kids come to me when they're upset. I don't like to see them hurt, but I'm so glad that they trust me enough to tell me how they feel and allow me to comfort them.

From the kitchen... a yummy hashbrown casserole for breakfast this morning! We've had the ingredients put back for a while, and I was glad to have something to whip up fairly quickly this morning for Jenny & the kids before they left.

I am wearing... my pajamas, still! Actually we're all in our pajamas. We were up way past bedtime and rose before daylight, so I have a feeling we're going to be in our pajamas until noon. Some days you just need to, you know?

I am creating... plans for our homeschool this upcoming year.

I am going... to take Ben to the library tomorrow and let him get his own card. Lily got hers on Saturday.

I am reading... the books on my sidebar, plus the book of Genesis while listening to J. Vernon McGee's commentary on it from Blue Letter Bible.

I am hoping... to get some work done in the yard today. My tomato plants need tending and we need to clean off the front porch.

I am hearing... Unknown by Lifehouse

Around the house... we're starting to get a good pile of things to get rid of. I'm going to have to make a Goodwill drop-off this week!

One of my favorite things... listening to Kate make up words to the songs she things she knows. (Last week the Christmas version of Matt Redman..."Ho ho ho, You never let go...)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: continue decluttering (will I ever be finished?) Other than that, not a lot. Just enjoying being at home, I guess.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

One of the views from our yard.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Your blog is so cute. It is nice to meet you. I am also a Christian, stay at home, homeschooling mom. Well, have a great day!

Lauren said...

It's nice to meet you too! I don't know a lot of homeschooling moms where I live, so it's always great to "meet" another one.