Saturday, June 7, 2008

Some "thingish things" for the weekend

Last night our good friends Ryan and Starr came over for dinner, along with newborn baby Ary:



Starr and Ary with our girls. Jonathan and I were able to see Ary in the hospital, but this was the first time for the kids to see her up close. I have to chuckle every time at Kate's face in this picture.

We all love when Ryan and Starr come to visit, because they truly are like family to us. We had a wonderful dinner of burgers and corn on the cob, and then we let Ben stay up with us "grown-ups" to watch National Treasure 2!

Today was so hot that we stayed inside most of the day, but after dinner we took an impromptu nature walk.


Our landlord planted this lily for us while we were on vacation last year, and it just started blooming today! Every time they bloom I am reminded again of what a thoughtful gift they were.

We also found some beautiful sights just across the road. I am badly in need of a good field guide to help identify these, but even though I didn't know what they were, I wanted to share them with you.








Kate was fascinated by the remains of the tree in this next shot. We were all watching a tiny frog hop through the moss when she stepped back, looked up and started laughing. I'm not sure what it was she found so funny, but I did think it made a beautiful picture.




No comments: